Thursday, May 22, 2014

Art Journal using Shaving Cream = What a Fun Mess!

I have been looking at a lot of videos and realize that there must be at least a bazillion different things that can be done on a piece of paper. What fun! I'm sure I will never run out of something new to do. These pages began because I ran across a few suggestions to use shaving cream and inks to make the background color. I pulled out a floor tile and sprayed it with shaving cream, dropped in some alcohol inks, used the tip of an old credit card to slightly mix the colors. Then I took the whole journal and just placed it on the pretty mess. I picked it up and used the credit card to scrape off the shaving cream and got this:
Then, I played with my new Silks in Teal and Jasmine using a TSC Designs tree stencil, Festive Berries over the remains of cut out Alpha Stamps, and some Daisy Style from Hero Arts. Added some markers in pink, white paint pen, some glitter glue, used a homemade square stamp with VerseMagic in Plumeria and added a bit of journaling. I will play with shaving cream some more. It was really a lot of fun to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment