Saturday, May 31, 2014

Bad Haircut

I have been watching the video Whimsical Faces by Jane Davenport. Poor Jane would be rolling her eyes and begging me to take down this post. Jane is a wonderful teacher; I think I am just hopeless sometimes HAHA! But, never the quitter and never afraid to share. I figure, if I am brave enough to share, I might motivate others into realizing that Art Journaling allows us to just enjoy the process and not really worry about the end result. So, here is the "Bad Haircut" girl.

I used so many different paints, markers and such, that I can't even begin to list them all. However, I went to Michael's yesterday and, at the checkout, they had a few Copic Wideliners for $2.00 each!!!!! I could only get four but I did use the yellow to add a background when I was done.  The circles are from an inexpensive set bingo type acrylic paint daubers by Do-A-Dot that I just love. Her hair was done with colored pencils and Spiced Marmalade Distress Stain. I used a black Gelly Roll pen for the journaling.

2 comments:

  1. cute page. and I can relate to the haircut nightmare. I had hair down to my waist when I was young. And I was asked by a stylist you want it a little shorter right? Yes...just a little. I walked out with a near crew cut. I took 11 showers in a row trying to wet the hair down that was sticking up as it was so short. I was mortified. And of course it was high school when you already are feeling awkward and exposed to say the least.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Paula. I suppose a lot of us have had that horrible experience, yes, in high school. Mine was when they cut my bangs so you could see my eyebrows! Horrors :)

    ReplyDelete