Monday, May 19, 2014

Book Inspiration with Journal 52

Week 20 of Journal 52
The prompt was "Book Inspired". That was easy for me since I do have a favorite book, Wonderland by Joyce Carol Oates. This was the first, of many, books I read by Ms Oates. I picked the book up because it had an orange cover and caught my eye. But, then I saw it had earned literary awards, so I took it home. At first I thought, what a boring book. I didn't see the set up coming at all. When I got to the "punch" I sat frozen for a long, long time. This can't be, I thought, and reread it over and over. One day, many years later, I think I was able to face my own "punch" thanks to the lessons I learned from Ms Oates. You can let life push you down and stay there, or you can fight your way back. The choice is yours.
Green & Yellow acrylic and gesso base. Hearts from TSC Designs with Turquoise Dylusion Spray, Darcie's Hearts & Home stamp with Distress Ink in Evergreen. Stamped letters and edges in Brick Distress ink. Blue lettering from QuicKutz Lemon Drop dies. Bee and flower stamp, black pen and white paint pen added.

No comments:

Post a Comment