Sunday, May 25, 2014

Journal 52 - Week 21 - Mendala

This week's prompt is "Making a Mandala". Kind of a love of mine anyway since I am a CZT (Certified Zentangle® Teacher) and teach "Zendala's" (Zentangle meets Mendala) to my students. I do love that Carl Jung, a Swiss psychiatrist and psychotherapist, was very interested in Mendalas as applied to psychology. Do look it up if you are interested in that sort of thing. 

Cardstock covered with yellow acrylic. Added purple acrylic with credit card and textured with bubble wrap. Added text, "Zendala", circle mandala, and paper circles and went around with each with a purple Neocolor watercolor crayon and went over with Liquitex Matte Medium to blend and cover.


4 comments:

  1. Very lovely work. The background is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cathy. It was fun to see these two, very different, art forms come together.

      Delete
  2. It makes me think of space and astronomy. Beautiful Zendala. Thanks for stopping by my art journal space!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and thanks for visiting my blogs as well. I see you do art journals as well as Zentangle so I will have to keep an eye out for what you are up to :)

      Delete