Sunday, June 15, 2014

Courage Journal 52 and a Study in Gray

Courage seemed to be the word this week. If you hop over to my Zentangle page for this week,  you will see that one of the tangles was for Beads of Courage. For Journal 52's prompt of Courage, I went to my two favorite quotes on courage. First is from Winston Churchill. I had this one hanging up in my workspace before I retired. It often got me through difficult days: "Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm." And, second is the moral behind the cowardly lion in The Wizard of Oz: "True courage is facing danger when you are afraid."

Dylusion sprays in Cherry Pie and Vibrant Turquoise splashed with water. Circle template with shelf lining with holes dabbed with yellow acrylic. Dry wall tape dabbed with Unbleached Titanium Ecru, markers.
I also got another page done in the Creating Art at the Speed of Life. We were to do only black and gray. I had to share one of those "cute kids" moments from when my son was watching a black and white TV movie and I commented "That's what it was like when I was young." He thought about that for a moment and asked me what was it like before they invented color. He thought the "real" world was black and white LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment