Sunday, June 22, 2014

Trompe l'oeil - Journal 52 Nature - Waste Not

Trompe l'oeil, fool the eye, was the prompt for Lesson 28 in Pam Carriker's Creating Art at the Speed of Life. This was a fun one. My hubby and I love to take trips on old fashioned steam engine trains and do you think I could find a suitable photo of my own to use? Of course not. But, good old Internet, I found what I was looking for. Same for the cat. I have tons of my own cats posing in all kinds of cute ways, but none looking the other way, so back to the Internet. This is my final. Both photos were printed in black and white, fussy cut, and then I had some fun with my Copics:


















Journal 52's prompt for this week was "Nature". Since I have been playing with watercolors this week as I work on classes for the Derwent Academy, I decided to do a watercolor of the miniature roses growing in my backyard.













And my "Waste Not" of the week. I found some Spellbinders dies on clearance at Michael's. They just wouldn't work for me. The paper just got stuck in the crevices and made an unusable mess. I was going to return them when I decided that I should look up the issue on the Internet. I found several places where the advice was to put waxed paper between the dies and the paper and it worked! So, I made some more passes with the dies and the waxed paper. When I finished with my pretty new cut-outs that could be used for cards or art journaling, I had the cut out waxed paper pieces too. The art journal page that I was playing with at the moment had some flowers already. I held down the waxed paper and pounced over it with Broken China Distress Paint, then flipped it over and pressed to make a reverse image, then glued down the original piece of waxed paper. (The flowers are from a stamp that I had made with craft foam and the center purple was just some paper that had overspray that I just couldn't bear to part with.)



No comments:

Post a Comment