Wednesday, October 8, 2014

If I Leave, You'll Never Find Me

Susi from Art Journal Journey stopped by and suggested I take a look at their journal challenge, Deep in the Forest. So, I did and I was motivated. So motivated that I couldn't sleep last night (ever happen to you?) while I imagined how I would drip paint for the trees over a huge white moon. And, when I started this double page spread, all that went out the window (ever happen to you?). As I was waiting for the trees to dry I spied my new little zombies from Sugar Pea designs and knew I needed them to be playing in the forest. Acrylics were rolled in blue for the background and covered with a green leave stencil. Trees were painted with several browns. Small white dots with Hero Arts ink and punchinella, green acrylic with textured foam, big white and black with bubble wrap and acrylic. I used my Hero Arts White ink for the zombies. and the lines on corrugated cardboard. I love that ink pad! I masked off the tree with painter's tape to make the little girl hide behind the tree and added a Copic colored owl and mushrooms from stamps.
If I Leave, You'll Never Find Me
Also shared with:
Paint Party Friday
Altered Eclectics

12 comments:

  1. This is fantastic... love the two characters in this subtile look against the forest..amazing! Fab that you joined us Jean and yes ..this is an absolutely normal thing for creative souls - instead of sleeping --doing imaginery spreads an so on... hihi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment, Susi. I was off on a little holiday with no Internet for most of the time and I just am seeing all the comments on this one. Yes, I was doing that thinking think all night last night too HAHA!

      Delete
  2. What a picture, there is so much happening here! There's the little girl hiding and the trees going off into the distance, the toadstools peeking out, the very spooky quote and so much more. It's a fascinating piece. Love the little owl too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you, Sheila. I really enjoyed doing this one. It just had a life of its own!

      Delete
  3. This is a lovely, spooky journal page! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Valerie. Sometimes the forest can be very spooky!

      Delete
  4. Great page Jean I quite often have ideas in the middle of the night.
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Becky. I just can't understand why, after all those hours of planning, that my work always goes somewhere else anyway. Sigh :)

      Delete
  5. Such a wonderful journal spread!
    And I love the mystery and mood of it all, anchored by the words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rose. Sometimes we just have to let something flow whether we want to or not. This piece just pulled me in that direction.

      Delete
  6. I love the look of the texture in your project and the lil owl is so cute - ​Thank you for joining in with our challenge this month and hope to see you in future challenges.
    Hugz and love Elaine aka Ellapu​

    ​Owner of
    ​Handcrafted by Ellapu
    Altered Eclectics
    Eclectic Ellapu
    ​DT for​
    Anything but a Card

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elaine. I had a lot of fun doing this one. I hope I can join you again soon too.

      Delete