Sunday, January 18, 2015

Documented Life Week ColorWheel and a Moo

Do you ever have a plan for a page and then it goes, all by itself, someplace else?

The Documented Life Project, with a January theme of "the blank page", added the challenge of Color Wheel and prompt of "I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn’t say any other way . . . “ by Georgia O’Keeffe.

So, I had this vision of beautifully colored tulips on a bright and cheerful background. This is what I got:
"Why do two colors, put one right next to the other, sing? Can anyone explain this? No"...Pablo Picasso
The shapes are from some alcohol ink dipped photo papers and some gelli prints. I did a lot of doodling and added lots of acrylic paint. I used washi tape and Pitt pens. I added white and black gel pens.

And, here are the steps I took that brought me to anything but a field of tulips!
Colored with Neocolors

Brushed with water, added ephemera with Collage Pauge
Covered with white gesso
Added acrylic dots and black gesso
As you probably know, I'm simply not doing enough these days. I only keep up three blogs (all reachable through the top tabs), teach Zentangle / Art Journaling / Copic coloring, enjoy the Inchie challenge, the Diva Challenge, the Square One prompt, the Documented Life, Creative Jump Start, Life Book, and am on the Design Team at The Outlawz. So, my friend, Zoe, things I should also join in on the Moo-Mania challenge. Love you Zoe!!!
I colored the tag with Neocolors and brushed with water to turn into a watercolor look. Added a napkin on the left with matte medium, The flowers were gelli prints on books and deli paper, and the butterfly was colored with Copics.

Also shared with:
Paint Party Friday

11 comments:

  1. Wow, you're all over ~ Love that creative energy!
    And yes, painting ~ or creating of any kind ~ without a plan seems to be UP for me these days. It's a wonderful experience, isn't it?
    Great journal spread and merry creating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am soooo amazed at all the comments that showed up on this blog today. I have lots of followers on my Zentangle blog, but few over here on my journal page. Thank you, Rose, for stopping by and leaving a comment. It means so very much to me.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful journal page, it's always amazing where the journaling leads us. Love your vibrant Moo, too, thanks for joining us at Moo Mania. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm finding out that the Moo Mania group is really welcoming to a newcomer. I may just have to do this more often :) Thanks, Valerie

      Delete
  3. Wonderful and informative post! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it, Susan, when people tell me how they arrived at a finished product. I try to remember to take photos along the way. Note, I said TRY! Sometimes I can't even remember what I did though. Thanks for dropping by and leaving such a nice comment.

      Delete
  4. Love you back, Jean! see, told you, told you - you make gorgeous stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You just crack me up, Zoe. Thanks for all your confidence in me!

      Delete
  5. Your spread is so lovely and the tag makes me feeling spring and sun!
    Thanl you for sharing your happy art with us over at Art Journal Journey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Susi. That tag makes me happy myself!

      Delete
  6. Great journaling and your tag is gorgeous, it reminds me of Spring.

    Thank you for joining us at MOO-MANIA & MORE

    ReplyDelete