Sunday, April 5, 2015

It's Water Under the Bridge

The April 4th Documented Life Project is to use watercolors and the prompt is It's Water Under the Bridge. My first thought was the song, Like a bridge over troubled water, I will ease your mind (Simon and Garfunkel). 
I started with some Gelatos and gesso for the background. Then, I used a colored pencil to draw out the bridge. I mixed some Stucco Paint with Adirondack Color Wash in Espresso and pushed it through a dollar store dish drainer (amazing what you can find for art at a dollar store). Then, I crushed some blue Gelato with Golden Molding Paste and used a piece of acetate cut in a wave shape to push off some waves for the water. I topped the waves with some gesso. I then used my Koi watercolors to add the brown between the bricks, for detail in the sky, for more movement in the water, and for the background that you can see through the bridge. Fude pen for words and doodles, white paint pen for accents, and a stamp with tiny dots to add texture to the bricks completed the piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment