Saturday, May 30, 2015

It's a Lovely Day for Make-Believe

The Documented Life Project May Theme is: Touchy Feely (Texture), and the May 30 Art Challenge is: Textured Paper. The Journal Prompt is:  I'm So Not Feeling It! 

I had so much fun doing this piece. I started with some Distress Paints blended with a baby wipe for the base. I die cut corrugated cardboard for the butterflies and then I used my embossing folders to get texture on cardstock for the die cut flowers. I made the texture "pop" by adding some Distress Inks over top. The white is texture paste through a stencil. I added Gold Pearl Pen dots to the center of the flowers and then used it to define the butterfly bodies. All pieces were outlined with Distress Markers. I just wish you could touch it!

No comments:

Post a Comment