Saturday, July 18, 2015

Mom Loved to Sing and Dance

The Documented Life July Theme is Ephemera. The July 18 Art Challenge: Photographs & Memories. The Journal Prompt:  "All that I have to remember you"-Jim Croce

My mom loved to sing and dance and she loved her polka dots! This photo, printed in black and white, was taken at my eldest son's wedding. She was in her early 70's at the time. She is long gone, but I will always think of her whenever I see anything with polka dots!

The paper polka dots were cut from a piece of gelli printed paper. I used a pencil eraser to add dots to mom's dress. Small white dots are molding paste. I used my Ken Oliver click letters for the words. I used a stencil for the smaller colored dots and Dylusion paints. Black is stamped dots, and Bingo daubers completed the joyous mess!

No comments:

Post a Comment